Monday, April 13, 2009

First Amendment Test

Rebekah's score: 23/30
Reagan's score: 24/30

I was surprised to learn that the government is not required to review major news stories. I figured that they censored many of the headline news we see but they don't get prior viewing or editing privileges. Another thing I didn't know is that the First Amendment does not protect Obscenity but protects things such as profanity and indecency. I also learned that news organizations are allowed to publish information on minors if it is newsworthy. While I have seen stuff of t.v. about many cases involving minors, I didn't know that they are treated the same as an adult on the news. Minors stories and information are not censored.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Very thorough. A video would have sealed the deal, but you guys really researched and expressed your topics thoroughly. And what a lovely looking blog!

    98

    ReplyDelete