Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Believe in the Best Days of My Life

By: Musette Strong

I believe that people wish their life away too fast. I believe that the average human being wants the next best thing. When you're 10 you can't wait til you're 13, when you're 13 you can't wait til you're 16, when you're 16 you can't wait til you're 18, and when you're 18 you can't wait til you're 21. It usually involves the teenage years that you wish away. They say that your teen years are the "best days of your life" and if that's the case, why do we want the next "best thing"? For a lot of teens they can't wait for their next smoke, their next high, their next driving experience. their next party, their next hook up, their next whatever. We all wish life away too quickly. Even I'm guilty of it. You only get life once and I don't think we want to get to the age of 80 and look back and say "where did it all go?" That would be really sad. I personally don't want to do that. I believe that every moment should be spent as it's your last. You never know what could happen two seconds after you get off the phone with your mom or dad. Life should be filled with good memories and not-so-plastic smiles. I believe that one day I'll be the grandma who sits in her rocking chair and say that I fully lived out every moment of my life and knew exactly what I was doing. I will be happy. I will be laughing. I don't want to tell the stories of the "good ol' days" because I believe that every day should be a "good ol' day" and I never want that to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment